JA BizTown® 23-24
2023-24 School Year | Registration Open
When: Monday, October 02, 2023 - Monday, June 03, 2024
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Discuss the roles they play as citizens, workers, and consumers in their community and relate those roles to the free enterprise system.
- Discuss the importance of citizen rights and responsibilities in a community.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the free enterprise system.
- Build money management skills through a practical knowledge of economic concepts and banking practices.
- Develop an understanding of basic business practices and responsibilities.
- Display the soft skills necessary for successful participation in the world of work.
What To Expect:
Step 1: Teacher Orientation
An overview of the 17 lessons led by teachers to prepare students, as well as learning what to expect from the simulation and visit.
Step 2. Curriculum Implementation
An outline of the standard aligned lessons you will teach to students with a supportive pacing guide and materials.
Step 3. Onsite Preparation
Information on permission slips, contact information, and student assignments you will return to your JA representative before your visit.
Step 4. Simulation
The Capstone Experience! Your students will interact with volunteers for 4-4.5 hours while getting the opportunity to apply what they have learned.
Step 5. Feedback
Let us know what went well through your experience and what could go better next time.
Become a Sponsor!Sponsorships for these events are critical for Junior Achievement to continue providing life-changing programs to students in our community. These programs are delivered at no cost to students. You can make a difference in the lives of these students by participating in this world-class event! Contact us to get more information on how to sponsor a JA Event!